Adobe announces Camera Raw 8.7 and DNG Converter 8.7 release candidates
Adobe has announced the availability of Camera Raw 8.7 and DNG Converter 8.7 release candidates. This version adds support for the Nikon D750, Fujifilm X30 and the Sony a5100 among other camera models. A number of lens profiles are also added. Camera Raw and DNG Converter 8.7 release candidates are available for download now from Adobe. See below for full details on the update.
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.7 RC
- Casio EX-100PRO
- Fujifilm X30
- Leaf Credo 50
- Leica V-Lux (Typ 114)
- Nikon D750
- Panasonic DMC-GM1S
- Sony ILCE-5100
- Sony ILCE-QX1
New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 8.7 RC
- Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8 (Canon)
- HandeVision IBELUX 40mm F0.85 (Fujifilm X, Sony E)
- SLR Magic 50mm T0.95 Hyperprime Cine Lens (Leica M)
- Leica SUMMICRON-S 100 mm f/2 ASPH. (Leica S)
- Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8 (Nikon F DX)
- HD PENTAX-DA 645 28-45mm F4.5ED AW SR (Pentax 645)
- Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM
- Sony DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6
- Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6
- Sony 300mm F2.8 G SSM
- Sony 500mm F4 G SSM
- SLR Magic 50mm F0.95 Hyperprime Lens (Sony E)
- Sony FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS (Sony E)
- Voigtlander VM 12mm F5.6 Ultra Wide Heliar (Voigtlander VM)
- Voigtlander VM 75mm F1.8 Heliar (Voigtlander VM)
Camera Raw 8.7 RC includes HiDPI support for Windows.
- When Photoshop CC 2014’s option to scale the UI 200% is enabled (Edit > Preferences > Experimental Features), the Camera Raw dialog will also be scaled.
- Known issues:
– Sometimes the Camera Raw dialog will not scale after the initial Photoshop relaunch to enable the feature. Workaround: relaunch Photoshop again.
– Some UI flashing/redrawing during interactive operations such as dragging a local adjustment gradient or toggling fullscreen mode.
Improve performance on processors with AVX/AVX2 vector instruction support (Intel Sandy Bridge (2011) processors and later; AMD Bulldozer (2011) processors and later).
- Fix crash when rapidly adding corrections with the Spot Removal tool.
- Fix bug that prevented the Filter Brush cursor from displaying while changing brush size when the Graduated and Radial Filter overlay is turned off.
- Improve quality of Camera Matching color profiles for the Nikon D810. Fixes visible banding issues with the Camera Standard, Camera Vivid, Camera Landscape, and Camera Monochrome profiles.