Adobe Camera Raw 9.2 adds local dehaze
Adobe has released Camera Raw 9.2, introducing a local version of its new dehaze adjustment. ACR 9.2 also adds support for the DxO ONE, though not for the camera’s SuperRAW files. Other cameras supported by the update are the Olympus OM-D E-M10 II, Sony Alpha 7S II and Leica S (Typ 007). A bird’s eye view navigation is also introduced to ACR, similar to one already offered in Photoshop. See a full list of improvements, lens profiles and bug fixes below.
Camera Raw 9.2 is now available
Camera Raw 9.2 is now available through the update mechanism in Photoshop CC and the Creative Cloud application.
As mentioned in an update to our camera support policy here, Camera Raw 9.2 is only available in Photoshop CC or later. Customers using older versions of Photoshop can utilize the DNG Converter for continued camera support.
New Features in Camera Raw 9.2
Dehaze as a Local Adjustment
We added Dehaze as a global adjustment in the Camera Raw 9.1 release and are excited to see the widespread interest in the feature. We wanted to extend the functionality, and I’m happy to announce that you can now apply Dehaze as a Local Adjustment. This means that you can use Dehaze with the Radial Filter, Graduated Filter and Local Adjustment Brush.
Birds Eye View
This is a fast way to navigate across the image, especially when zoomed in. It is similar to the existing feature in the Photoshop app itself. Here’s how to use it:
- Press and hold H.
- Click and drag to set the position of the zoom rectangle as desired. The zoom rectangle is shown as an outline around the cursor.
- Release the mouse. The image zooms to the area chosen in the previous step. The selected tool remains unchanged.
- If you start in Fit View mode or smaller, the zoom rectangle will represent 100% pixel view (1:1). This is a quick way to zoom to 1:1 at a specific part of the image (such as a person’s face, or other area of interest).
- If you start zoomed in, then after you release the mouse you’ll return to the same zoom level. For example, if you start at 200%, then after releasing the mouse you’ll be back at 200%.
- Birds Eye View is only available when GPU is enabled.
Usability improvements to modal tools
Modal tools include Spot removal, red eye correction, local adjustment brush, graduated filter and radial filter.
We’ve changed the behavior of the return and escape buttons when using a modal tool. In the past, they would dismiss the modal tool. The new behavior is:
- If there is an active correction typing return or escape will deselect that correction.
- In the case of the three local correction tools (brush, graduated filter, radial filter), the radio button at the top of the panel will get set to “New” so that the next click will create a new correction. This saves a bit of cursor movement; you no longer need to move over to the panel in order to start work on a new correction.
- If there is no active correction, the Zoom tool becomes selected. This matches the behavior of the Crop tool.
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 9.2
- DxO ONE*
- Leica S (Typ 007)
- Olympus E-M10 Mark II
- Sony A7SM2 (ILCE-7SM2)
* Please note that SuperRAW files from the DxO ONE are not supported.
New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 9.2
Canon EF Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM
Canon EF Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM
Canon EF SIGMA 24-35mm F2 DG HSM A015
Canon EF TAMRON 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 DiII VC B018E
Canon EF TAMRON SP 35mm F/1.8 Di VC USD F012E
Canon EF TAMRON SP 45mm F/1.8 Di VC USD F013E
Canon FD Canon FD 28mm F2.8
Canon FD Canon FD 50mm F1.4
Canon FD Canon FD 135mm F2.5 S.C.
CONTAX 645 Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/45
CONTAX 645 Zeiss Distagon T* 3,5/35
DJI PHANTOM 3 Standard (DNG and JPEG)
GoPro HERO+ LCD
GoPro HERO4 Session
Leica M Leica Summilux-M 28mm F1.4 ASPH.
Leica M Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/21 ZM
Leica M Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35 ZM
Leica M Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/25 ZM
Leica M Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/28 ZM
Leica M Zeiss C Biogon T* 2,8/35 ZM
Leica M Zeiss C Biogon T* 4,5/21 ZM
Leica M Zeiss C Sonnar T* 1,5/50 ZM
Leica M Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/15 ZM
Leica M Zeiss Distagon T* 4/18 ZM
Leica M Zeiss Planar T* 2/50 ZM
Leica M Zeiss Tele-Tessar T* 4/85 ZM
M42 Asahi PENTAX Super-Takumar 55mm f/1.8 M42
M42 Fujifilm FUJINON 50mm f/1.4 M42
M42 Fujifilm FUJINON 55mm f/1.8 M42
MFT Voigtlander MFT 10.5mm f/0.95 Nokton Aspherical
Minolta SR Minolta MC ROKKOR 58mm F1.2
Minolta SR Minolta MC ROKKOR-PF 55mm F1.7
Minolta SR Minolta MC ROKKOR-X PG 50mm F1.4
Minolta SR Minolta MC TELE ROKKOR-PE 200mm F4.5
Minolta SR Minolta MC W.ROKKOR-HG 35mm F2.8
Minolta SR Minolta MD 50mm F2
Minolta SR Minolta MD Celtic 135mm F3.5
Minolta SR Minolta MD ROKKOR-X 45mm F2
Minolta SR Minolta MD ROKKOR-X 50mm F1.7
Minolta SR Minolta MD W.ROKKOR-X 28mm F2.8
Nikon F Minolta MD W.ROKKOR-X 28mm F2.8
Nikon F Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f2.8-4E ED VR
Nikon F Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED
Nikon F Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR
Nikon F Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR
Nikon F Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4E FL ED VR
Nikon F Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR
Nikon F Nikon NIKKOR 24mm f/2.8 AI
Nikon F Nikon NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 AIS
Nikon F Nikon NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8 AI
Nikon F Nikon NIKKOR-H Auto 50mm f/2
Nikon F Nikon NIKKOR-P.C Auto 105mm f/2.5 AI
Nikon F Nikon NIKKOR-S.C Auto 50mm f/1.4
Nikon F Nikon NIKKOR-UD Auto 20mm f/3.5 AI
Nikon F SIGMA 24-35mm F2 DG HSM A015
Nikon F TAMRON 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 DiII VC B018N
Nikon F TAMRON SP 35mm F/1.8 Di VC USD F012N
Nikon F TAMRON SP 45mm F/1.8 Di VC USD F013N
Parrot Bebop Drone (DNG and JPEG)
PENTAX HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8ED SDM WR
SIGMA SIGMA 24-35mm F2 DG HSM A015
- Improved alignment results for HDR and Panorama merges. Note that this improved alignment technique may produce different results from merges in earlier Camera Raw versions, even for merges that had acceptable alignment.
- Improved image quality for Sony A7R II for raw files captured using long exposures.
- Fixed missing Camera Matching Profiles for Olympus Stylus 1 and 1s
- Improve quality of display color management in GPU mode. Color and tone gradations are now smoother.
- Improve quality of image while using Scrubby Zoom.
- Fixed intermittent crash when using Red Eye tool.