Affinity Photo for Windows now available, Mac version updated to 1.5
Following the beta announced last month, Serif has officially launched the finalized version of Affinity Photo for Windows. The new application follows in the footsteps of Affinity Photo for Mac and aims to offer photo editing capabilities similar to that of Photoshop, only at a lower $39.99 cost. In addition to the new Windows version, the Mac edition of Affinity Photo has received a substantial update to version 1.5.
Affinity Photo for Windows launches with the same features arriving in Affinity Photo for Mac version 1.5, ensuring the two applications match each other for better cross-platform support. In addition to the features found in older versions of Affinity Photo, both the Windows and Mac 1.5 editions offer, according to Serif:
- Macros to record and replay a set of commands
- Advanced HDR merge producing deep unbounded 32-bit images
- A full tone mapping workspace for both HDR and LDR images
- Focus stacking to achieve large depth of field from multiple images
- Full batch processing to process large folders of images in one go
- An all-new way to edit 360 degree images
- Direct PSD write-back
- 32-bit editing including OpenEXR import & export
- Automatic lens corrections based on profiles of thousands of lens & body combinations
Anyone who owns an older version of Affinity Photo for Mac can download the 1.5 update for free now. The Mac and Windows versions are both priced at $49.99 USD, though Serif has dropped the price to $39.99 / £29.99 / €39.99 until December 22.