One of three lenses launched alongside the Nikon Z6 and Z7, on the face of it the Z 50mm F1.8 S might appear the most pedestrian of the group. It’s hard to get too excited about a medium-fast 50mm these days, but in its promotional literature Nikon claimed that its latest standard prime is anything but a standardstandard. In fact, the company claimed that the Z 50mm S would offer superb resolving power, low aberrations and excellent wide-aperture performance, impressive enough to challenge assumptions about what lenses of this type should be capable of.
The Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 is twice as heavy, twice as large and about twice the price of the company’s equivalent lens for F mount – but is it twice as good? We’ve been shooting with one for a few weeks, and one thing’s for sure – it’s a radically different lens.
- Focal length: 50mm
- Format: Full-frame
- Aperture range: F1.8-16 (1/3EV steps)
- Filter thread: 62mm
- Close focus: 0.4m
- Hood: Included HB-90, bayonet attachment.
- Length / Diameter: 76 x 86.5mm
- Weight: 415g (14.7oz)
- Optical construction: 12 elements in 9 groups, including Nano Crystal Coating
- Special elements: 2 ED, 2 Aspherical.
Compared to its nominal F-mount equivalent, the Z 50mm F1.8 S is an obvious step up in terms of optical technology. Featuring advanced coatings, almost twice the number of elements (including two aspherical and two ED) and three additional groups, the new prime is substantially more complex. Compare this to the single aspherical element in the F-mount version (itself a novelty when the lens was introduced in 2011) and it’s obvious that Nikon has taken the opportunity to completely redesign its newest standard lens for the radically different dimensions of the new Z mount.
A versatile camera that covers wide-angle to super-telephoto shooting for imaging experiences simply not possible with a smartphone
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation (Nikon) is pleased to announce the release of the COOLPIX B600, a compact digital camera equipped with a high-performance 60x optical zoom NIKKOR lens.
The COOLPIX B600 employs a 60x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers a range of equivalent focal lengths beginning at wide-angle 24 mm*1 and ending at super-telephoto 1440 mm*1 (Dynamic Fine Zoom further expands the zoom ratio to 120x*2), making it possible for users to enjoy super-telephoto photography without compromising sharp and clear resolution.
The camera has an effective pixel count of 16.0 megapixels and supports a maximum sensitivity of ISO 6400. Its combination of backside illumination CMOS sensor and EXPEED high-performance image-processing engine captures superior still and video quality, even at high sensitivities. The COOLPIX B600 is also equipped with a variety of functions that enable a diverse power of expression, including 19 scene modes, as well as a Creative mode that offers a total of 36 different effects.
The camera also features functions that make it easier to use as a high-power zoom model and ensure increased operability, such as a Snap-back zoom button and Side zoom control, as well as a shooting mode dial that enables immediate switching between frequently used shooting modes. It is also SnapBridge compatible, so high-quality images can be automatically downloaded to a smart device*3 for easy sharing.
- *1 Equivalent focal length in 35mm  format.
- *2 At the maximum image size. The maximum zoom ratio varies by image size. Dynamic Fine Zoom refers to the area in which the camera can zoom while maintaining resolution from the maximum zoom position, and is the combined ratio of optical zoom from the maximum wide-angle position and digital zoom.
- *3 iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® and Android™ devices to which the SnapBridge app has been installed can be used. The SnapBridge app can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store® and Google Play™. See Nikon’s website for further information.
- 1. A compact body equipped with a 60x optical zoom lens that covers a wide range of focal lengths from wide-angle to super-telephotoThe COOLPIX B600 employs a high-performance 60x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers the wide-angle 24 mm to super-telephoto 1440 mm*1 range of focal lengths. Sharpness is preserved throughout the digital zoom range, which is expandable to 120x*2, or a focal length equivalent to approximately 2880 mm*1, with Digital Fine Zoom realizing sharp and clear rendering even when shooting in super-telephoto mode. The COOLPIX B600 is also equipped with Macro mode, which allows users to enjoy macro photography with shooting as close as 1 cm (0.4 in.) to the lens at the maximum wide-angle position.
- *1Equivalent focal length in 35mm  format.
- *2At the maximum image size setting.
- 2. Superior image quality that enables recording of beautiful stills and moviesThe combination of the backside illumination CMOS sensor and high-performance image processing engine EXPEED makes the most of the superior resolution of the high-performance NIKKOR lens, and enables recording of photos and movies with excellent image and picture quality, even at high sensitivities. The COOLPIX B600 is also equipped with a Vibration Reduction (VR) mechanism capable of reducing the effects of camera shake to the same degree as would a 3.0-stop* increase in shutter speed with still-image photography, and 4-axis Hybrid VR that effectively reduces blur with movie recording. This allows users to capture sharp photos and movies with noticeably less blur, even at the maximum telephoto position and in dark or dimly lit surroundings.
- *Measured in accordance with CIPA Standards; at approx. 350 mm (equivalent focal length in 35mm  format).
- 3. Diverse power of expression that is easy to achieveThe COOLPIX B600 is equipped with a variety of functions that enable diverse power of expression, including 19 scene modes, with which the user simply selects the most appropriate mode for the scene, while the camera automatically applies the appropriate settings, as well as Creative mode with its 36 effects offering the optimal combinations of exposure, contrast, and color reproduction, making it easy for users to express themselves as intended.
- 4. Superior operability that pursues user friendliness as a high-power zoom modelThe COOLPIX B600 is also equipped with a Snap-back zoom button that temporarily expands the visible area (angle of view) a certain degree while it is held down so that the subject may be reacquired. In addition, the Side zoom control enables smooth zooming even while recording movies.
- 5. SnapBridge support for automatic transfer of photos captured with the camera to a smart deviceA constant connection between the camera and a smart device is possible using the SnapBridge app, built-in Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth® technology. Not only can images recorded with the camera be transferred to a smart device automatically*1, they can also be automatically uploaded to Nikon’s photo sharing service, NIKON IMAGE SPACE*2. The SnapBridge app supports a number of other features as well, including the ability to add copyright information and comments, such as exposure information to images, and to automatically synchronize camera date/time and location information with that of the smart device. SnapBridge also makes remote shooting of still images possible with real-time display of the view through the camera’s lens in the smart device screen.
- *1 Images are resized to 2 megapixels (2 million pixels) with automatic transfer. The transfer of original JPEG images and movies is not supported. Transfer of RAW (NRW) images is not supported.
- *2 There is no limit on the number or size (volume) of JPEG thumbnail images (2 megapixels) that can be automatically uploaded from the SnapBridge app. Storage for original JPEG images is limited to 20 GB. A Nikon ID must be registered to take advantage of this feature.
- 6. Additional features
- A mode dial that allows users to easily apply one of the ten most frequently used shooting modes by simply rotating the dial to the appropriate icon
- A Pre-focus function that is effective with zooming and shooting in dark or dimly lit surroundings due to the camera always focusing automatically
- Target finding AF, where the user simply points the camera at the intended subject and the camera automatically predicts and focuses on it
- Recording of 1080/60i (50i) and 1080/30p Full HD movies with stereo sound
- Short movie show that allows users to easily create a movie up to 30 seconds in length from multiple movie clips
- Support for the ML-L7 Remote Control, which is capable of a variety of operations over a Bluetooth® connection to the camera
- Adoption of the EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, which can be charged while inserted in the camera, over a USB connection
The Multi-Tiered ‘Canon Developer Community’ Membership Program Provides Access to Canon Technology for Developers, Entrepreneurs and Students
MELVILLE, N.Y., January 7th, 2019 – Acknowledging the demand for development support, Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, shows its devotion to the developer communities through the launch of a new developer support program website, the Canon Developer Community 1. For years, many companies have been utilizing Canon’s remote camera control2 and communication capability by creating unique applications to help build successful solutions. From outstanding support to exclusive products and software available for sale, the Canon Developer Community program can help empower developers to take full advantage of Canon digital imaging solutions and SDKs to drive their enterprising visions.
“The developer community has always been important to Canon, which is why the Company is pleased to launch the Canon Developer Community,” said Kazuto Ogawa, president and chief operating officer, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “This full-featured program will bring the extensive resources of Canon to so many in the developer community, allowing them to meet the growing challenges of imaging today and help them to develop new applications to drive the tech industry forward.”
The robust, multi-tiered membership program can help to empower the vision of like-minded developers by providing:
- Access to Canon’s SDKs and other development tools
- Access to the Canon Developer Community Online Store where exclusive developer products are offered for sale at discounted prices for United States developers
- Notification updates regarding the availability of new developer tools
- Direct technical support from Canon experts1
- Potential marketing opportunities1 with Canon3.
Membership tiers range from Basic (free) membership where you get access to the developers tools and Community forum, as well as paid levels of membership such as Silver ($500), Gold ($2,500) and Platinum ($7,500) which are targeted to large-scale enterprise organizations and have additional benefits, such as access to technical support, exclusive service discounts and potential advertising and marketing opportunities to work with Canon USA3. The program will also give access to the Canon Community Online Store where the Canon Developer Community exclusive products and discounts are offered.
Camera Control API (CCAPI)
Canon is also launching a new API that will be available to members of the Canon Developer Community. This web-API, which Canon refers to as the Camera Control API (CCAPI), utilizes HTTP protocol over WiFi transmission. It can be executed over programs supporting HTTP, giving the developer more options of platforms to create applications. This helps empower the developer to take advantage of multi-platform support and develop innovative applications such as photo booths, animations, robotics/automations, event photography, mass portraits/passports, photogrammetry, among others.
Canon PowerShot SX70 HS Developer Version with CCAPI
In March of 2019, Canon is scheduled to introduce the PowerShot SX70 HS Developer Version Model, Canon’s first camera integrated with the new CCAPI. This camera features a 65x zoom that can provide impressive versatility depending on application as well as outstanding color accuracy and sharpness, rapid auto-focus for fast capture.
For Canon Developer Community members, this specialized PowerShot SX70 HS Developer Version camera is currently scheduled to be available in January at the Canon Developer Community Online Store.
Las Vegas, NV (January 7, 2019) – Following an announcement at Photokina 2018, Panasonic will unveil additional key features of the new LUMIX S full-frame mirrorless cameras at CES 2019. The LUMIX S full-frame mirrorless cameras and lenses will be available at the end of March 2019.*
A Whole New Style of Photo Expression
High Dynamic Range Still Photo – HLG Photo Mode
HLG Photo allows images to be shot with a wider dynamic range. By reproducing both glaring lights and dark shadows that are likely to be overexposed or underexposed, the Lumix S achieves rich, precise color expression as close as possible to visual memory.
HLG Photos are produced as an HSP file. The user can play back these vibrant images on the latest Panasonic HLG-compliant 4KTV via HDMI cable connection or other HLG-compliant devices. It is also ideal for photographers’ photo presentations.
Stunning Details with a Realistic Sensation
High Resolution Mode
Taking advantage of the Body Image Stabilizer. (I.S.) mechanism, eight consecutive images are automatically shot while shifting the sensor. These eight images are synthesized into a single image by the new Venus Engine, which boasts high-speed signal processing. Precise details are faithfully reproduced to be saved as a beautiful, highly realistic image. This mode is ideal for shooting natural landscapes or fine art objects with delicate details.
Considering situations where moving subjects are included in the scene, sub options are available to suppress motion blur, so photographers can use this mode the same as shooting in a normal photo shooting mode.
There’s no shortage of weird and wild photography accessories designed to add a little flair to photographs, but Fractal Filters might be one of the most interesting to hit the market in some time.
Currently, the Fractal Filters are sold in a ‘Classic 3 Pack’ that use the patented PrismaLed optics and unique cuts to add rainbows, reflections, and halos to photographs. The kit includes the Penrose Fractal Filter, Pascal Fractal Filter, Julia Fractal Filter, a carrying case, and a sticker.
The filters are made to be held by hand in front of a camera lens using the three extra-large finger holes built into the aluminum frame. Wong suggest using lenses with a focal length longer than 40mm and at F5.6 or wider, but the idea is to get creative, so don’t feel limited.
OmegaBrandess Press Release
As the owner of the well-known EDWAL brand of photo chemistry, OmegaBrandess is proud to introduce the EDWAL E-6 32 OUNCE AND 1 GALLON DEVELOPING KITS.
The overwhelming popularity of the recently announced Kodak Ektachrome film has spawned renewed interest in at-home and small batch film developing. To meet that demand OmegaBrandess Distribution is offering E-6 developing kits for the students and hobbyists out there to develop their own color slide film.
Now available at many photo retailers are a 1-quart and 1-gallon developing kit under our Edwal branding.
Each kit contains Developer, Color Stabilizer, and Blix- all the chemicals needed to process E-6 film. Easy-to-use liquid allows for variations in time and temperature! Also available at OmegaBrandess.com.
The suggested retail price is $59.99 for the quart kit and $134.99 for the gallon kit.
OmegaBrandess has manufactured and distributed photographic and imaging products for over 75 years. A privately held company, OmegaBrandess supplies the photography industry with over ten thousand products from dozens of branded lines. For more information about OmegaBrandess and its represented brands, call 410-374-3250 or visit www.omegabrandess.com.
We enter into our 11th theme for the CODP photo challenge and this month’s challenge lets you practice your people skills. So whether you are into travel, street or full-on studio portrait photography, all are welcome with this challenge.
Each month the College of Digital photography will post a theme that will not only challenge your photographic technique, but also push your creative boundaries.
Post your 3 of your best edited images either to Facebook or Instagram, using the hashtag #codpza & the relevant hashtag for the monthly theme. You can also tag us in the posts @codpza for feedback on your images.
All submissions need to be up on the 15th of each month. Submissions will be showcased on our social media channels, with regular entrants standing the chance to win course & workshop vouchers! Search the hashtags to see what some of our lecturers are getting up to as well.
Interpreting a photographic theme
Understanding the theme is critical in training your photographic eye. Words act as creative prompts which help the photographer become observant to photographic opportunities that would often be lost.
A photographic theme is merely a word prompt or phrase that inspires a photograph. It does not have to be taken literally and you may interpret the theme in any way you choose. The main purpose of the theme is to evoke ideas that will assist your photographic process.
November to December 2018 THEME
Portraiture – #codpzaportrait
- You don’t need a fancy studio and expensive lights to make a great portrait – usually the environment you are in will help determine the style of portrait
- Capture expression, personality and mood in your photos, whether you feature your subject up close or focus on the scene from far away
- You can create a powerful image using natural light and your everyday surroundings
- You could also let your imagination run wild and stylize your shoots with props and make-up
- Submission deadline – 15 December 2018
Please join CODP for our end-of-year Exhibition & Open Days taking place at both the Saxonwold and Fourways campuses.
Our current intake of 6 Month Photography Programme students have been working hard on their portfolios, and they’ll be graduating in Nov 2018. Selected works from our part students will also be on display at the Saxonwold campus.
The exhibition at the Saxonwold campus is a combined one that will display student work from both the Saxonwold & Fourways campuses.
WHEN & WHERE
Fri 30 Nov 2018 15h00-21h00
The College of Digital Photography
91 Oxford Road
Nikon, Sony and Canon will be represented, so please bring your cameras with for sensor cleaning!
For more information or to RSVP please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 11 74686
Sat 1 Dec 2018 9h30-13h00
The College of Digital Photography
Office FF11 (above Checkers)
183 Forest Road
For more information or to RSVP please contact email@example.com or 011 244 0044
Nikon Will Also Offer an Array of Special Promotions, Instant Savings and Discount Programs for their Latest Products this Holiday Season
MELVILLE, NY (NOVEMBER 14, 2018 AT 11:00 A.M. EST) – With the holiday season just around the corner, Nikon Inc. is pleased to announce the retail availability of the new Nikon Z 6 camera, which was announced alongside the Nikon Z 7, Mount Adapter FTZ, and the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S, 35mm f/1.8 S, and 50mm f/1.8 S lenses in late August of this year. In addition to announcing retail availability for this product, Nikon will be offering an array of holiday promotions, instant savings programs and special discounts for a variety of Nikon products.
Nikon Z 6 Availability
The Nikon Z 6 offers an incredible value for photographers and content creators, striking the perfect balance of speed, optical performance and powerfully cinematic video features while maintaining the advantages of a lightweight mirrorless design, all at an incredibly compelling price point. The versatile Nikon Z 6 includes a 24.5-megapixel-BSI CMOS sensor, wide ISO sensitivity range of 100–51,200, 12fps continuous shooting at full resolution, 5-axis in-camera vibration reduction technology, crystal clear 3.6m-Dot Quad VGA viewfinder and full-frame 4K UHD video capture with full pixel readout.
The Nikon Z 6 will be available nationwide starting this Friday, November 16 for the suggested retail price (SRP) of $2,599.95 with the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S lens and $1,999.95 for the body only configuration.
Nikon Holiday Promotions
Nikon Inc. is also unveiling several new holiday promotions to encourage consumers to share the gift of photography with their friends and loved ones.
For consumers in the market for a new mirrorless camera, the Nikon Z system is an ideal entry-point. Now, for a limited time, Nikon Inc. will be offering $100-savings on the Mount Adapter FTZ when purchased alongside the new Nikon Z 7 or Nikon Z 6.
Additionally, Nikon will be offering numerous special promotions on the extensive lineup of Nikon DSLR cameras, camera kits and NIKKOR lenses, which are great gift options for those looking to take their photography and video capture to the next level this holiday season.
The list below outlines the instant savings available starting on November 22, 2018
Entry-Level DSLR Savings:
– Nikon D3500 Double Zoom Lens Kit: $499.95 (after $350 instant savings)
– Nikon D3500 18-55mm VR Kit: $399.95 (after $100 instant savings)
– Nikon D5600 Double Zoom Lens Kit: $699.95 (after $450 instant savings)
– Nikon D5600 18-55mm VR Kit: $649.95 (after $150 instant savings)
Enthusiast and Professional-Level DSLR Savings:
– Nikon D7500 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Kit: $1,449.95 (after $300 instant savings)
– Nikon D7500 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Kit: $1,749.95 (after $570 instant savings)
– Nikon D7200 Body Only: $799.95 (after $300 instant savings)
– Nikon D7200 Dual Zoom Lens Kit: $999.95 (after $550 instant savings)
– Nikon D750 Body Only with MB-D16 Multi-Battery Power Pack: $1,399.95 (after $939.95 instant savings)
– Nikon D750 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens Kit with MB-D16 Multi-Battery Power Pack: $1,899.95 (after $1,539.95 instant savings)
– Nikon D500 Body Only with MB-D17 Multi-Battery Power Pack: $1,799.95 (after $469.95 instant savings)
– Nikon D500 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR Lens Kit with MB-D17 Multi-Battery Power Pack: $2,399.95 (after $939.95 instant savings)
– Nikon D810 Body Only with MB-D12 Multi-Battery Power Pack: $2,799.95 (after $629.95 instant savings)
– Nikon D810 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens Kit with MB-D12 Multi-Battery Power Pack: $3,299.95 (after $1,229.95 instant savings)
– Select legendary NIKKOR lenses also available at up to $200 in instant savings
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 – An All-New Photo Editing Experience Now Available
Portland, OR – November 13, 2018 – ON1, Inc announces that ON1 Photo RAW 2019, an all-new photo editing experience and a major upgrade to ON1 Photo RAW, is available today. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 includes all-new features and technologies along with a streamlined workflow that is elegant, powerful and easy to learn. Notable new features include a new non-destructive workflow for layers, auto-alignment of layers, focus stacking, a new portrait tab, a new text tool, new digital asset management updates and more. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 includes the tools photographers need in a single well thought out photography workflow application.
This all-new photo editing experience gives photographers the features they use the most from the Adobe® Lightroom® and Photoshop® worlds in a single application. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 also includes a significant enhancement to the migration process for customers looking to move away from Lightroom®. Version 2019 is the first solution to utilize AI-powered algorithms to transfer and display Lightroom edited photos in ON1 Photo RAW 2019. The transferred settings will also remain non-destructive and be re-editable inside ON1 Photo RAW 2019.
The ON1 community drives the development of ON1 Photo RAW based on what’s most important for their photo editing needs. Every new feature and improvement made in version 2019 is a direct result of community input through the ON1 Photo RAW Project.
- A New & Faster Editing Workflow – All of the editing modules from previous versions have been combined into the Edit module to create a single place for editing photos. The former editing modules are now available as tabs to allow you to work in each seamlessly without changing the application appearance. These include Develop, Effects, Portrait, and Local Adjustments tabs.
- A New Workflow for Layers – ON1 Layers is no longer a separate module. Instead, the power of layers is accessible within the non-destructive workflow in the new Edit module. This allows for creating or editing multi-layered files, including raw files, and keeping non-destructive settings for each photo layer. Customers can also move, size and mask each layer. More importantly, and a new concept, each layer has its own non-destructive settings, all the way back to the original file. What’s most exciting is if you are working with raw files, powerful adjustments like exposure, highlights and shadows can now be processed using the raw data in a layered photo workflow. All without having to change modules or applications.
- New Lightroom Photo Settings Migration – New AI-powered algorithms give customers the ability to transfer Lightroom edited photos, keep the non-destructive settings, and move them into ON1 Photo RAW 2019. The updated Lightroom Migration Tool in version 2019 transfers almost every edit you can make in Lightroom including raw processing, crop, retouching and local adjustments along with folders, photos, collections, and metadata.
- New Focus Stacking – Automatically blend a series of photos at different focus distances to increase depth-of-field. It’s so fast, you can adjust the focus in real-time, just like changing the focus on your lenses. Think of it like HDR, but for focus instead of exposure.
- New Auto-Align Layers – Easily combine multiple photos as layers, then automatically align them based on image content, making it easy to mask and blend them together.
- New AI Masking Tool (coming Winter 2019) – This new tool, powered by machine learning, will allow customers to easily identify areas of their photos to create a selection or mask and the AI technology detects your subject matter and automatically creates a beautiful mask.
- New Portrait Tab – The new Portrait tab automatically detects faces in your photo allowing you to easily retouch, smooth skin, brighten and sharpen eyes, and whiten teeth.
- New Text Tool – The new text tool is perfect for creating posters, postcards, or adding your byline or watermark. Easily control font size, color, position, and more and then save a preset to add the same text overlay to a batch of photos quickly.
- New Master Keyword List – Now you can see every keyword you use in a single, searchable list. You can quickly apply, clear, edit, or delete keywords.
- Enhanced Local Adjustments – Local adjustments have been enhanced to use the raw processing data. This allows for more highlight and shadow details with more tonal range. This also includes new controls like haze, whites and blacks.
- New Layered HDR Workflow – With the powerful new non-destructive layers you can combine other photos, text or alternate exposures with your HDR photos. Use the powerful masking tools to combine multiple HDR renditions even.
- New Filter Options in Effects – We have added dedicated film grain, curves and color adjustment filters to Effects. These let you add film grain to color photos and make advanced, targeted color and tone adjustments faster. There’s even a new filter selector that allows you to search for filters, learn what they do and even view a sample before you add them.
- New User Interface – The new user interface has a fresh and modern feel. Overall contrast has been reduced to make photos stand out along with a new font to help increase readability. Updated icons, tabs, and sliders will also take up less visual space.
- Other Updates – including support for HEIC files, keyboard shortcuts for changing modules, more accent color options, color labels on folders and more.
- Additional Camera Support – Added support for the Fujifilm XF10, Fujifilm X-T3, Nikon P1000, Nikon Z7, Panasonic LX100 II, Leica M10-P.
- Additional Lens Profiles – Added lens profiles for: Canon EF35mm f/1.4L II USM (750), Chinon Auto Chinon 35mm f/2.8, KMZ Helios-40 85mm f/1.5, Nikon 200-500mm F5.6 174, Panasonic LEICA DG 8-18/F2.8-4.0, Panasonic LEICA DG NOCTICRON 42.5/F1.2, Pentax Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4, Sigma Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM, Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS, Sony FE 50mm F1.8, Tamron 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 DiIII C001, Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (A032), Voigtländer Voigtlander Super Wide Heliar III.
Price and Availability
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 is available today for $99.99. Previous owners of any ON1 product can upgrade for $79.99. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 is also available as part of an ON1 Plus Pro membership for a for $129.99/year (Reg: $149.99/year). ON1 Plus Pro includes a perpetual license of ON1 Photo RAW along with in-depth post-processing and photography education from the industries best trainers such as Matt Kloskowski, Hudson Henry, Tamara Lackey and many more. All of it is easy to follow along and fun. For a limited time, a purchase of ON1 Photo RAW 2019 includes some great bonuses. These include the ON1 Photo RAW 2019 Foundations video course, which provides the perfect get up and running training and the ON1 Looks eBook and series of 25 videos and practices files and to help you master ON1 Photo RAW 2019.
A 30-day free trial of ON1 Photo RAW 2019 is also available for download from the ON1 website.
A single purchase of ON1 Photo RAW 2019 includes both macOS and Windows installers and activation for up to five computers. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, world-class customer support based in Portland, Oregon USA, hundreds of free video tutorials, and free ON1 Loyalty Rewards every month.
What’s Ahead for ON1
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 will include several free updates over the next year with all-new photo organizing and editing features, AI-powered algorithms to enhance workflows, other feature refinements, as well as updates for cameras and lenses. The first free update will in Winter 2019.
ON1 is also working on solving additional problems for customers who share files across multiple computers or work environments as well as those customers who are shooting video as part of their photography process.
“As we’ve said before, we have big plans at ON1. Our team is already busy working on the next free updates to version 2019. These will include dual display support, an editing history, and additional capabilities and enhancements to Focus Stacking,” says Craig Keudell, President of ON1.
About ON1 Photo RAW – An All-New Photo Editing Experience
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 is a game changer. Version 2019 includes everything photographers look for when editing their photos including an integrated photo organizer, raw processor, pixel editor, and layered file workflow. It’s like having Lightroom and Photoshop® in one application without paying a monthly subscription. ON1 Photo RAW 2019 will also use ON1’s
state-of-the-art processing engine providing a fast, smooth, comfortable, and fun photo editing experience while producing the highest quality results for your photos.
Photo RAW seamlessly integrates the features of photo organizing, non-destructive editing, layering capabilities, the best masking and selection tools, portrait retouching, hundreds of photo effects, text, HDR, automated panorama stitching, photo resizing, and more into one powerful yet easy-to-use software application.
ON1 Photo RAW 2019 supports RAW files from over 800 cameras, but it isn’t just for raw files. It also supports file formats include JPEG, TIF, PSD/PSB, PNG, HEIC and DNG are supported and benefit from the speed, performance, and abundance of editing tools in the app. Photo RAW 2019 will also integrate as a plug-in to Adobe® Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC as well as Apple Photos and will continue to work as a standalone photo editor and rival the Adobe Photography Plan. Like the current version, version 2019 will integrate with the major cloud services to allow for uploading, managing, and editing photos across multiple computers. This enables users to sync photos and their edits across multiple computers or in a studio setting.