Canon EOS-1D X Mark II firmware updated to version 1.1.3
Canon has released firmware version 1.1.3 for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR. The latest firmware version is a relatively small update, bringing a bug fix that corrects an issue displaying the drive mode icon, as well as improving USB communication reliability with a function in EOS Utility 3 and increasing the maximum ‘release cycles’ number displayed in the ‘Camera system information’ menu.
The latest firmware is available to download for macOS and Windows via Canon’s support website. The full change log is below.
Changes in the Firmware
Firmware Version 1.1.3 incorporates the following improvements to enhance functions.
- Corrects a phenomenon in which the drive mode icon is not correctly displayed when using custom shooting modes (C1/C2/C3).
- Changes the maximum number of “Release cycles” displayed from 1,000,000 cycles to 9,999,000 cycles. This value can be checked under the “Camera system information” menu.
- Improves the reliability of communication via USB cable when using the Lens Data Registration function within EOS Utility 3 software.
The Version 1.1.3 firmware being released at this time is for cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.2 or earlier. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first go over the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware. The firmware update takes approximately six minutes.
- (1) Once the EOS-1D X Mark II is updated to Version 1.1.2 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.0 to 1.0.2).
- (2) Camera settings files created using a camera running Firmware Version 1.0.2 (or earlier) cannot be used on a camera running Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later).
- (3) Please use the latest EOS Utility version with the EOS-1D X Mark II after the camera has been updated to Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later). The latest version of EOS Utility can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site.
- (4) Accompanying functional improvements of Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later), the instructional manual has been revised. The latest version of the instruction manual can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site, so please download the instruction manual together with the new firmware.