Canon EOS 7D Mark II firmware improves AF with EF 16-35mm F2.8L and EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 lenses
Canon has released firmware version 1.0.5 for the EOS 7D Mark II DSLR. This update fixes a couple of bugs and claims to improve AF accuracy when the camera is used with the EF 16-35MM F2.8L USM or EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM lens. See below for the complete list of changes in this firmware.
Firmware Version 1.0.5 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
- Improves AF accuracy when used in combination with the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM lens or EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, the “Peripheral illumination correction” is applied inconsistently.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, while performing an EF lens firmware update, the progress bar displayed on the LCD monitor may freeze at 100% even though the update has been completed.
- Fixes a processing error in relation to the leap second for the “Geotag information appended to image” and “Log data” GPS functions.
- Fixes a phenomenon, where at the time of shooting in very rare cases “Err 70” occurs, or the shutter does not release.