CODP PHOTO CHALLENGE – November 2018
We enter into our 11th theme for the CODP photo challenge and this month’s challenge lets you practice your people skills. So whether you are into travel, street or full-on studio portrait photography, all are welcome with this challenge.
Each month the College of Digital photography will post a theme that will not only challenge your photographic technique, but also push your creative boundaries.
Post your 3 of your best edited images either to Facebook or Instagram, using the hashtag #codpza & the relevant hashtag for the monthly theme. You can also tag us in the posts @codpza for feedback on your images.
All submissions need to be up on the 15th of each month. Submissions will be showcased on our social media channels, with regular entrants standing the chance to win course & workshop vouchers! Search the hashtags to see what some of our lecturers are getting up to as well.
Interpreting a photographic theme
Understanding the theme is critical in training your photographic eye. Words act as creative prompts which help the photographer become observant to photographic opportunities that would often be lost.
A photographic theme is merely a word prompt or phrase that inspires a photograph. It does not have to be taken literally and you may interpret the theme in any way you choose. The main purpose of the theme is to evoke ideas that will assist your photographic process.
November to December 2018 THEME
Portraiture – #codpzaportrait
- You don’t need a fancy studio and expensive lights to make a great portrait – usually the environment you are in will help determine the style of portrait
- Capture expression, personality and mood in your photos, whether you feature your subject up close or focus on the scene from far away
- You can create a powerful image using natural light and your everyday surroundings
- You could also let your imagination run wild and stylize your shoots with props and make-up
- Submission deadline – 15 December 2018