CODP PHOTO CHALLENGE – September 2018
We enter into our 9th theme for the CODP photo challenge and it’s all about experiences. This month’s theme is all about exploration, we’d like to see where you have travelled to lately.
Each month the College of Digital photography will post a theme that will not only challenge your photographic technique, but also push your creative boundaries.
Post your 3 of your best edited images either to Facebook or Instagram, using the hashtag #codpza & the relevant hashtag for the monthly theme. You can also tag us in the posts @codpza for feedback on your images.
All submissions need to be up on the 15th of each month. Submissions will be showcased on our social media channels, with regular entrants standing the chance to win course & workshop vouchers! Search the hashtags to see what some of our lecturers are getting up to as well.
Interpreting a photographic theme
Understanding the theme is critical in training your photographic eye. Words act as creative prompts which help the photographer become observant to photographic opportunities that would often be lost.
A photographic theme is merely a word prompt or phrase that inspires a photograph. It does not have to be taken literally and you may interpret the theme in any way you choose. The main purpose of the theme is to evoke ideas that will assist your photographic process.
September to October 2018 THEME
Travel – #codpzatravel
- We have all been guilty of a bit of wanderlust after seeing a post of a friend’s recent travels or booked a holiday based on the picture on a brochure
- We would love to see what roads you have taken or which paths you have followed
- The theme “Travel” can be interpreted in many ways – it could be an image of someone setting off on an epic journey or a photo you took on your latest holiday
- It can also be something more metaphoric that represents a personal or psychological journey
- We’re excited to see where you’ll take us!
- Submission deadline – 15 October 2018