CODP VIRTUAL COURSES
CODP is now offering a number of its part time photography, videography and editing courses as a Virtual Course, where you can learn photography online from the comfort of your own home.
We are also offering our One-on-One Sessions in virtual online format, click HERE for more info.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Virtual Courses are no different from any of our contact courses except that they happen remotely and online using ZOOM’s remote communication software. They are taught in English and are open to a worldwide audience. Virtual Courses can be accessed and attended on any device, be it a phone, tablet or computer.
Once you have enrolled for a Virtual Course, you can follow our ZOOM STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE to downloading the software and preparing for your first session.
- There is a specific start date and time for each course/lesson, which you’ll find at the bottom of each of the course pages that has a Virtual Course scheduled
- Once you’ve navigated to a course page that you are interested in, scroll to the bottom of the page where the upcoming course dates are listed, and click on the “View Lesson Outline” next to the “Virtual Course” header to view a detailed lesson breakdown for each of the course start dates that is listed
- A few days before the course is scheduled to start, you’ll receive an e-mail with instructions and a software link to download, so you can join the virtual classroom
- You will also receive a download link for the CODP App so you can access your schedule, a digital version of the course manual, as well as upload assignments
- During each lesson you’ll be able to listen to the lecturer, watch any PowerPoint presentations and/or video demos, as well as ask questions
- Most of the Virtual Courses require that you complete a number of practical assignments to reinforce what is taught
- Feedback on all submitted assignments will be provided during the Virtual Course
- Please note that student numbers on Virtual Courses are strictly limited to ensure personal attention
- If you are still struggling with any of the concepts taught on a Virtual Course, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 11 74686 for additional support
WHAT DO I NEED?
To complete a Virtual Course you’ll need the following:
- A stable internet connection
- A computer, laptop (PC or Mac) or phone (Android or iOS) to access the virtual classroom
- A headset to listen and communicate with the lecturer
- Please refer to the specific equipment requirements listed on the individual course pages, as these would apply as well
WHAT HAPPENS WITH OUTINGS?
If a Virtual Course has a practical outing, the following applies:
- Practical outings or workshops will be contact sessions under the guidance of your CODP lecturer and will take place in Johannesburg, South Africa
- CODP will provide you with the venue/date/time details for outings/workshops, once the course has begun
- Should you be unable to attend the outing, you will be able to complete the assignments in your own time at a location of your choice and submit your images for feedback
- Should an outing not be possible due to the Covid-19 pandemic or any other force majeure, you will be required to complete the outing assignments in your own time and submit the images for feedback before the next lesson
WHAT IS THE COST?
Virtual Courses are priced at a significantly reduced rate compared to CODP’s contact courses. You can find the course cost by visiting the page of the course that you’re interested in.
WHICH COURSES ARE VIRTUAL?
Currently CODP is offering the following courses virtually:
- The Fundamentals of Photography
- Advanced Photography
- People Photography
- Outdoor Photography
- Photography – The Business End
- Lightroom – The Essentials
- Basic Photoshop – The Essentials
- Photoshop – Advanced Techniques CC
- Mastering Adobe Camera RAW
- Professional Portraiture Retouching
- Video Editing in Premiere Pro
HOW DO I BOOK?
To book for a Virtual Course you can click on the “Book Now” button at the bottom of the course page and follow the online booking process. Alternatively you’re welcome to send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact 086 11 74686 and we can do the booking for you.