Fujifilm launches âProâ tethered shooting plug-in for Lightroom with live view and remote control
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce the launch of âTether Shooting Plug-in PRO for AdobeÂ® PhotoshopÂ® LightroomÂ®â to enable tethered shooting of FUJIFILM X-T1(hereafter X-T1) and FUJIFILM X-T2(hereafter X-T2)* to a compatible computer.
âTether Shooting Plug-in PRO for AdobeÂ® PhotoshopÂ® LightroomÂ®â is a tethering software plug-in that allows Lightroom users to connect X-T1 / X-T2 to a computer via USB cable for direct saving of captured images onto computer, and controlling the camera from the computer**.
âTether Shooting Plug-in PRO for AdobeÂ® PhotoshopÂ® LightroomÂ®â will be available from Adobe Add-ons website*** for US$79. The launch of the Mac OS X / macOS Sierra version*4 is scheduled for release around the beginning of November 2016, and the Windows version*5 is scheduled for release around the beginning of December 2016. The detail launch schedule will be informed on this page.
(1) Featuring the âCamera Modeâ and âPC Modeâ to control shooting on camera or from computer
In Camera Mode, the camera is held in hand or set up on a stand. The images taken will be transferred directly and saved onto computer for use in Lightroom. Adjustment of exposure and other shooting settings as well as the shutter release is carried out on the camera. In PC Mode, users can check the viewfinder image of a remotely-setup camera in the LIVE VIEW window, operate the camera and adjust its settings on the computer screen. The user can also take images and have them transferred directly and saved onto a computer for use in Lightroom. Adjustment of exposure and other shooting settings and the shutter releases are carried out from the connected computer.
(2) Featuring the âControl Panelâ to check captured image and to control camera
In addition to the features of âTether Shooting Plug-in for AdobeÂ® PhotoshopÂ® LightroomÂ®â (standard version)*6, âTether Shooting Plug-in PRO for AdobeÂ® PhotoshopÂ® LightroomÂ®â has Control Panel which can check captured images and to control the camera. The Control Panel PREVIEW window allows users to check transferred images in quicker than before.
The Control Panel also allows users to check shooting angles with LIVE VIEW, to set shooting conditions from computer, to operate interval/bracketing shootings and to backup/restore all the camera settings*7.
* * X-T1 and X-T2 must be upgraded to the tethering-compatible firmware (X-T1: Ver. 3.10 or later, X-T2: Ver.1.10 or later). Internet connection is required for downloading compatible firmware.
* ** AdobeÂ® PhotoshopÂ® LightroomÂ® 6 or CC is required.
* *** https://creative.adobe.com/addons/
* *4 The compatible OS is same as that of Lightroom. To use on macOS Sierra, Lightroom should be upgraded to 6.7 or later / CC 2015.7 or later.
* *5 The compatible OS is same as that of Lightroom.
* *6 The current version (Ver.1.2) of âTether Shooting Plug-in for AdobeÂ® PhotoshopÂ® LightroomÂ®â (standard version) is compatible only with X-T1. X-T2 will be supported with upgraded version (Ver.1.3) or later.
* *7 Backup/restore is only compatible with X-T2.