Fujifilm makes XF 90mm F2 R LM WR official
Fujifilm has formally announced the 90mm F2 R LM WR, a lens we saw in prototype at this year’s CP+ show in Japan. It gives a 137mm equivalent view on Fuji’s APS-C camera bodies, a popular focal length with portrait and event photographers. The lens uses 11 elements in 8 groups and offers a new Quad Linear Motor with four magnets for higher torque in autofocus. Its WR designation means it’s resistant to inclement weather and can be used down to 14° F / something -10° C. It will be available in July for $949.95 USD / $1099 CAD.
FUJIFILM ANNOUNCES NEW FUJINON XF90MM FAST APERTURE LENS THAT DELIVERS ULTRA-SHARP IMAGES
XF90mm telephoto lens features newly-developed Quad Linear Motor and weather-resistant design
Valhalla, N.Y., May 18, 2015 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation announced the new compact FUJINON XF90mmF2 R LM WR, a weather-resistant, fast-aperture prime lens that delivers ultra-sharp images with rich bokeh, at all aperture settings. The XF90mmF2 R LM WR (137mm in 35mm format equivalent) uses an optical construction of 11 elements in 8 groups (including three ED glass elements) that minimizes vignetting and creates attractive bokeh thanks to the rounded diaphragm, which makes it perfect for portraiture and sports photography.
Despite having a large maximum aperture, the FUJINON XF90mmF2 R LM WR is both compact and, at less than 20 ounces, lightweight. It also gives users a minimum working distance of 24 inches for a wide range of shooting scenarios. The XF90mmF2 R LM WR now uses a newly-developed Quad Linear Motor that delivers fast, accurate autofocus as fast as 0.14 seconds. The new linear motor is fast, quiet and accurate, and uses four magnets for higher torque and a high-speed autofocus that provides a more versatile shooting experience, allowing users to quickly react to subtle changes in a subject’s facial expression. And with its WR-rating, the XF90mmF2 R LM WR is weather and dust-resistant and can work in temperatures down to 14°F.
Along with the popular XF56mmF1.2 R, the XF90mmF2 R LM WR is a must-have lens for portrait photography fans that favor fast aperture prime lenses. The focal length allows users to shoot at a distance that won’t distract subjects, leading to more natural, candid results.
FUJINON XF90mmF2 R LM WR key features:
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X-Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design with 7 sealing points for weather- and dust-resistance and operation as low as 14°F
- NEW Quad Linear Motor for 0.14 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- Uses 11 elements in 8 groups, including 3 ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral and axial chromatic aberration
- Nano-GI coating alters the refractive index between glass and air to reduce ghosting and flare
- 7 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- 1/3 EV steps
- Minimum working distance of less than 24 inches.