Fujifilm X-E2 firmware 4.00 brings X-E2S features and interface
Fujifilm has released its promised firmware update for its X-E2 mid-range mirrorless camera. The firmware update adds a host of feature and operational improvements, including the AF upgrades from the recent X-T models, as well as a revised user interface and multiple Auto ISO settings.
The firmware update for the over two-year-old model continues Fujifilm’s habit of supporting existing users and brings the camera into line with most of the latest X-series models.
The changes are so significant that, rather than publishing an addendum, Fujifilm has released a new version of the camera’s owner’s manual.
Substantial firmware updates for the X-E2, delivering a new AF system for better capture of moving subjects among other improvements and function enhancements
[ Improvements and function enhancements with this firmware update ]
- New AF System(1) New AF system with Zone and Wide/Tracking modes for effortless capture of moving subjects
(2) Improvement of AF accuracy
(3) Eye Detection AF
(4) Auto Macro mode
(5) AF improvement in the Movie mode
- Function enhancements(6) High-speed electronic shutter with a maximum speed of 1/32000sec.*
(7) White Balance Bracketing
(8) Enhanced ISO Auto Setting to AUTO1/AUTO2/AUTO3
(9) Exposure Compensation control in Manual.
(10) Natural Live View function is just like the naked eye.
(11) Finer lines on the framing grid enhances visibility
(12) New Video Frame rates (50P / 25P / 24P)
(13) Manual Shooting in Video mode
(14) Phase detection AF support for Instant AF
(15) Expansion of shutter speed in Program Shift mode
- Operability improvements(16) The new user interface
(17) Improved Shutter Speed Dial operation
(18) Name of Silent mode changed to avoid confusion
(19) Direct selection of AF area
(20) Unlocked AE-L / AF-L Buttons
(21) Variable Focus Area during MF
(22) Q. Menu customization
(23) Interlocking of Metering and Focus areas
(24) Movie Recording
- Other changes with the update(25) Supports focus limiter function for XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
(26) “BACKGROUND COLOR” menu
(27) The maximum number of images taken in the continuous shooting mode