Hasselblad firmware updates for X1D and H6D add a host of new features
With the 1.21 Firmware Update, Hasselblad conveys their dedication to continuously develop and enhance its world-renowned camera systems. This most recent firmware update for the X1D and H6D adds to the photographer’s ease in not only capturing one’s shot, but their options for creativity as well.
Hasselblad is pleased to announce new updates for both the X1D and H6D including a White Balance Tool, allowing the photographer to set the colour temperature and tint directly on a photograph when shooting. These values can then be applied to all following images until the setting is turned off.
New features specific to the X1D include an Interval Timer and Exposure Bracketing. Using the Interval Timer, photographers can further their creativity with time-lapse shots. Exposure Bracketing gives users options in their exploration of varied exposure settings, capturing up to 9 frames with customisable sequences of bracketing exposures.
A highlight particular to the H6D allows for the user to create seven customisable profiles. By accessing the General Settings Menu on the main display, the user can easily navigate to the Profiles Menu and save the current camera settings to one of the seven profiles. With these preset settings customised by the user, the photographer has the tools to swiftly change camera settings without losing time, and ultimately, their shot.
Firmware updates are available from the “My Hasselblad > Downloads” section online at Hasselblad.com. Users can update their firmware simply by downloading the “.cim” file to an SD card and selecting Firmware Update from the Service Menu on their camera.
X1D and H6D: v1.21.0
- White balance tool
- Audio notifications
- Tethered image import
- Reset all settings: Option to disable reset of profiles
- Power Off symbol while shutting down
- Improved feedback to user when missing card in backup mode
- Browse Zoom: Long-hold to zoom in to 100% or out to full image (X1D: Hold the AF-D/AE-L button; H6D: Hold the True Focus button)
- Interval timer
- Exposure bracketing
- New setting: Shutter speed limit for Auto ISO, P- and Full Auto Mode
- Custom Button for Crop Modes – Replace “Crop Mode Cycle” with “Crop Mode Next” and “Crop Mode Previous”
- Zoom into coordinates of the focus point for the image just taken
- Browse images and pan when zoomed-in in EVF with swipe on touch-pad area on display
- Start live view automatically in EVF after browsing on rear LCD
- X1D – Audio playback through camera speaker during video playback
- Auto focus support for all HC/HCD Lenses (except HC120 Macro) when using the XH Lens Adapter
- HDMI – Pan in zoomed-in with touch-pad area on display