Macphun unveils Aurora HDR 2018: Will come to Mac and PC with new tools and UI
Award-winning Aurora HDR, co-developed with Trey Ratcliff, brings major updates that will be available for both Mac OS and Windows users.
San Diego, CA – August 15, 2017 — Macphun, the California-based developer known for making complex photo editing software simple and fun, today announced the release of Aurora HDR 2018, the one-stop solution for HDR photography. To sign up for pre-order announcements and more, please visit https://aurorahdr.com/2018.
Aurora HDR, co-developed with the renowned HDR photographer Trey Ratcliff, made the complex task of HDR editing effortless and unintimidating. Aurora HDR became the industry standard for HDR photo editing on Mac and reached 1.7 million downloads since its launch in November 2015.
In less than 2 years over 100 million photos have been edited in Aurora HDR and 72% of current users have made Aurora HDR their primary HDR photo editor, switching from other software. Today, Aurora HDR is the go-to editing software for such well-known photographers as Trey Ratcliff, Serge Ramelli, Captain Kimo and many others.
“Since the launch of Aurora HDR, Macphun has released more than 10 updates containing tons of new features and improved performance,” commented Trey Ratcliff. “Today, I’m very excited to announce the launch of Aurora HDR 2018. It’s completely new, significantly faster and has even more powerful tools. Plus the BIG news is that it’s now available for Microsoft Windows as well. It’s truly the best HDR software for both Mac and PCs”, concluded Ratcliff.
Aurora HDR is not just a tool for merging brackets: it brings countless options to create perfect HDR photos – from one-click presets and advanced tone-mapping, to layers, noise reduction and powerful luminosity masking controls.
A sneak peek into what’s new in Aurora HDR 2018:
- Lens Correction Tool – The new Lens Correction filter easily fixes all kinds of lens distortion, from barrel and pincushion to chromatic aberration and vignetting.
- New User Interface – Redesigned from scratch, the modern and responsive user interface brings a powerful, yet joyful experience to HDR photo editing.
- Speed improvements – Up to 4x improvement in RAW image processing, and up to 200% faster merging and masking performance means that Aurora HDR 2018 is dramatically faster than the last version.
- Cross-platform version – Aurora HDR 2018 will be available both for Mac and PC users with interchangeable files, enabling mixed-computer households to share the same product key.
- A complete list of new features will be announced concurrent with the pre-order.
Aurora HDR 2018 will be available for pre-order on September 12, and released on September 28. To sign up for pre-order announcements and more, please visithttps://aurorahdr.com/2018.
Mixed-computer households can share the same product key for Mac and PC that can be activated on 5 devices.
o Current users of Aurora HDR may upgrade at a special pre-order price of $49
o New users can purchase Aurora HDR 2018 at a special preorder price of $89
o A collection of bonuses will also be included with every purchase
- Retail price:
o $59 for current Aurora HDR users
o $99 for new user