Manfrotto launches new Digital Director models and updates app with extra features
Manfrotto has added depth of field preview, an intervalometer and time-lapse controls to the app that runs its Digital Director camera-remote-control and external monitor device. Version 2.1 of the app, that is now compatible with a wider range of iPad models, also brings auto playback so images can be displayed automatically after they are recorded, as well as exposure bracketing and a more precise focusing system. The new app makes it possible to download Raw images to transfer via Wi-Fi web server, e-mail and FTP, and users can now send processed and resized JPEG files directly to social media apps on the host iPad.
Version 2.1 also imports metadata into the desktop version Adobe Lightroom via a plug-in. While the device offers controls for shooting video content it still isn’t possible to play video back through the Digital Director or to download movie files to the iPad. The Digital Director is compatible with 14 Canon EOS cameras and 15 DSLRs from Nikon but the company says that the new depth of field preview function only works with Canon models.
Manfrotto has also released a rigid case for the Digital Director as well as a sun shield and a range of frame inserts that convert the physical structure of the device to accommodate the different form factors of a series of iPad models.
The Digital Director now has configurations for iPad Pro 12,9”, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 and iPad mini 2 models, all of which cost $299.99/£249.95. For more information visit the Manfrotto website.
Digital Director App V. 2.1, new Digital Director iPad compatibility and new accessories
Manfrotto, the leading global innovator and manufacturer of premium photo, video and lighting support products and accessories, announces the launch of Digital Director App V 2.1, new Digital Director models compatible with iPad Pro 12,9“ and iPad mini 4 – and new accessories including a new semi-rigid case, sunhood and frames.
Originally launched in 2015, Digital Director won Videomaker’s Best of NAB 2015 and was recently awarded the prestigious Red Dot Award: Product Design 2016.
Digital Director is the only Apple certified (MFi – Made for iPad Certification) electronic device that connects your camera and iPad for easier, more effective image making. Just tap the iPad screen to set up and control your camera, shoot, check, edit, share and manage your pictures. Digital Director ensures a reliable USB cabled connection between the camera and iPad, and its free dedicated App allows shoot monitoring and camera setting control. It is compatible with select Canon and Nikon DSLRs and iPad Pro 12,9”, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 and iPad mini 2.
Capturing, editing and sharing all your moments has never been so easy: it’s all just a touch away on your iPad!
The new Digital Director App V. 2.1 is available in the App store now and brings exciting new features and improvements, including:
Camera and shoot set up:
* Quick and easy Intervalometer + time-lapse set up
* Depth of field preview in photo mode for Canon DSLR
* New, high-precision control step focus
* Optional continuous auto-play displaying full screen pictures as they are shot
* Simplified workflow
Album and picture management:
* Keyword assignment
* Pictures are easily moved to other albums
Edit with history option manages previous edits on images post produced in Digital Director
* Faster Gallery access
* More sharing options: via social networks, using installed apps, via Wi-Fi web server straight to computer
* Manfrotto Digital Director Plug-in for Adobe Lightroom desktop imports Digital Director metadata into Adobe Lightroom for desktop
* Optional download of RAW images for sharing via Wi-Fi web server, e-mail and FTP
* Optional picture resizing when sharing
* Improved FTP configuration with subfolder option
The updated compatibility for iPad models is as follows:
* Digital Director for iPad Air 2 £249.95
* Digital Director for iPad mini 2 £249.95
* Digital Director for iPad mini 3 £249.95
* Digital Director for iPad mini 4 £249.95
* Digital Director for iPad Pro £249.95
In addition to the updated app and new compatibility, a range of new accessories will also be available:
* A new semi- rigid case designed to organize and carry Digital Director for iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 and iPad mini 2. RRP £49.95
* A Sunhood, designed to protect the iPad screen from direct sunlight. Compatible for Digital Director for iPad mini 4, mini 3 and mini 2. RRP £24.95
* Separate frames for the iPad Air, Air 2, mini 2, 3 and 4, and iPad Pro 12.9”. This allows you to easily swap the frames to accommodate different iPad sizes with one Digital Director unit.
For more information please visit www.manfrotto.co.uk/shop-by/collections/digital/digital-director