Pentax launches K-S1 Sweets Collection
Ricoh Imaging is set to introduce three new colors for the company’s Pentax K-S1 DSLR camera, in what it calls the Pentax K-S1 Sweets Collection. Already available in 12 different main body colors, the 20-million-pixel APS-C camera will now also come with a white body featuring cyan, lime or pink colored panels. The company has named these Strawberry Cake, Blue Cream Soda and Lime Pie, and each features the trademark colored light strip on the hand-grip from the original K-S1 that was launched back in August.
The company says that the Sweets Collection special edition models “make digital SLR photography even more fun, while fitting perfectly with your personal style”.
While only the white version of the standard K-S1 comes with a white lens, each of the Sweets Collection models will be fitted with the white version of the standard SMC DA L 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6. The cameras will be available from mid-November and will cost the same as the regular K-S1 kit: $699 / £599.99.
Meet the PENTAX K-S1 Sweets Collection
A trio of stunning special-edition PENTAX K-S1 digital SLR cameras
Fast on the heels of the PENTAX K-S1, launched in September 2014, RICOH IMAGING UK has today announced the latest additions to this outstanding range of innovative digital SLR cameras – the PENTAX K-S1 Sweets Collection.
The new collection includes three new colour ways – Strawberry Cake, Blue Cream Soda and Lime Pie, all of which incorporate stunning design and streamlined, white bodies accentuated with vibrant colour accents.
Designed for photographers who take pictures wherever they go, the PENTAX K-S1 ups the ante when it comes to image quality, while still offering a great lightweight, compact and portable option. And these special-edition models make digital SLR photography even more fun, while fitting perfectly with your personal style.
Within its compact, lightweight body, the PENTAX K-S1 offers a host of advanced features to rival high-end models – from an optical viewfinder and super-high sensitivity shooting at a top sensitivity of ISO 51200, to an innovative illumination interface system that intuitively reacts to changes in camera operation from stills to video, ensuring the K-S1 stands out in the crowd.
- The white body camera is paired with a white lens to enhance the overall appearance.
- Newly developed CMOS sensor with approx. 20.12 effective megapixels
- LED body illumination indicates the current status of camera operation. Power switch LEDs stay green during still-image shooting, but change colour to red during movie recording
- 3.0-inch, high-resolution LCD monitor, and newly designed, easy-to-use GUI (Graphical user interface)
- Full HD movie recording with stereo audio
- Super-high sensitivity at ISO 51200
- Top shutter speed of 1/6000 sec.
- High-speed continuous shooting function with a top speed of 5.4 images per second
- Image processing tools to create 10 distinctive effects, including three new options: “Fresh” with a crystal-clean finishing touch; “Fade Colour” for an elegant finish with subdued colours; and “Infrared” for a black-and-white finish like that of an infrared photo
- 21 digital filters including a new “Colour Replacement” filter. Smartphone-support functions available by installing the optional FLUCARD FOR PENTAX 16GB memory card**
- DR (Dust Removal) mechanism for effective elimination of dust on the image sensor
** These functions support smartphones operating iOS6 or later and Android 4.2 or later
K-S1+ SMC DA L 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 – RRP £599.99
Mid November 2014