BEGINNER ART CLASS – R3,280.00 incl Materials
scroll down for course dates and to book
The Beginners Art Class is for anyone who would like to learn to draw and paint. Where and how to start can be a daunting process. The course is designed for those of you who don’t know where to start or just want a refresher on the basics of painting. Over the 4 lessons, we will introduce you to the various materials used and what you will need. We will prepare a canvas; start your composition and guide you through the paint application with a variety of utensils.
We will cover both the use of acrylic paint and oil paint, allowing you to choose which medium would suit your style.
The basic materials will be provided in the course. Materials such as brushes, paint and pencils will be available for use during the course. This will also include an A3 canvas for you to create your artwork.
A shopping list of basic materials will be provided to you to purchase your own materials once the course is completed. If you already have a selection of your own materials that you like to use, please feel free to bring them along.
What should you bring?
- An old shirt to prevent paint from damaging your clothes
- An open mind and a sense of humor
What you will find in the classroom?
- Water containers
- Brushes, Paint, Pencils
This part time beginners art class is presented on one evening or morning a week over four consecutive weeks, allowing the artwork to dry between sessions.
LESSON 1 (3 HOURS)
- Get to know your art materials
- Different drawing materials
- Different painting materials
- Must-haves vs nice-to-haves
- Basic drawing techniques
- Preparation of canvas
LESSON 2 (3 HOURS)
- Learning to grid an image
- Drawing from life vs a photograph
- Under-painting with acrylics
LESSON 3 (3 HOURS)
- Learning to use oils/acrylics
- Covering a variety of blending and application techniques
LESSON 4 (3 HOURS)
- Final paint layers
- The finishing touches
If you have any queries please feel free to call the College of Digital Photography on 086 11 74686 (PHOTO) or email@example.com.
Please click on the “View Brochure” link below (to the right of the campus name) to view a detailed lesson plan for each course date listed.
* This is a school holiday course which will run over consecutive days