BOUDOIR & DUDOIR WORKSHOP – R4,500.00
SCROLL DOWN FOR COURSE DATES & TO BOOK
The term BOUDOIR is defined as “a woman’s bedroom or private sitting room.” Photographing women in a sensual style in this private environment has become very popular and created a whole new specialised genre in photography, with many photographers solely building their business in this genre.
In more recent years, the term DUDOIR was introduced, mainly as a result of accepting the “Metrosexual Male”: describing the modern man who is not bound by traditional stereotyping of men. This is the male equivalent of BOUDOIR photography.
The nude human physique has inspired artists since the beginning of time. Many of the great masters immortalised the nude body in their work, both in paintings and as sculptures. As photographers, we are using our understanding of light to continue this art.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
- IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY ANY FORM OF NUDITY, THIS IS NOT A WORKSHOP FOR YOU!
- In this workshop we go through the different styles of SENSUAL photography, including fine art nude photography
- It is a very practical workshop and is designed as a portfolio building exercise for each participant
- You will photograph two models: one female and one male
- We will provide both a studio and a bedroom opportunity to photograph the models
- Lunch and snacks included (please specify dietary needs when booking)
- Participants to the workshop will be required to submit their best images to us for distribution to the models
- This workshop is designed to allow EACH participant to obtain unique, high quality images. To achieve this, the number of participants is strictly limited to 4 photographers
We look forward to your joining us for this opportunity to capture images in helping you launch your photography into this exciting genre. A CODP lecturer will be on hand to guide you through the process and assist with lighting techniques and any queries you might have.
WHAT TO WEAR
Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes that will not restrict your movements.
- This workshop is designed for a DSLR camera – or similar – that can fit triggers for the studio lights
- Recommended lenses (not essential): f2.8 wide angle and telephoto, macro lens
- In addition to this, a tripod is recommended
- An external flash will come in useful, although it is not essential
For further information please contact 086 11 74686 (PHOTO) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming CoursesView Brochure
|Sun, 21 Jul 2019||9:00 - 17:00||R4,500||Book|
* This is a school holiday course which will run over consecutive days