|Cost:||R24,500 / R49,000|
|Duration:||1 x pre-meeting, 4 nights on a houseboat|
|Equipment Needed:||Ideally a DSLR camera with 80-400mm zoom lens|
|Experience Needed:||Fundamentals of Digital Photography|
Recent Student Work
Combines Well With
The workshop takes place on the amazing Pangolin Voyager Houseboat, which journeys along the Chobe River, hosting guests in absolute luxury and comfort as we drift gently through one of the most game rich environments in Africa.
The Voyager is spread over three levels affording plenty of space for up to 10 guests at any one time. On the lower level the houseboat has five well-appointed en-suite cabins with double or twin beds available depending on the required configuration. The beds are fitted with the finest linen and specialist mattresses. The cabins have built-in cupboards, a cooling fan and the windows are fitted with a mosquito net to allow the gentle breeze from the river and the night time sounds of the Chobe National Park to permeate the rooms.
The middle level is occupied by the lounge and dining area along with a deck at the rear which accommodates the Braai (barbecue). The comfortable lounge area is stocked with reference books and binoculars which are yours to use as we drift between our private mooring points. Meals are served on the large dining table and the menu varies depending on what ingredients can be locally sourced throughout the seasons. There is a comprehensive selection of alcoholic and soft drinks for you to enjoy throughout the day from the bar.
The upper level hosts a viewing deck equipped with chairs, sun loungers and a table perfect for topping up those tans in between activities and for witnessing the majestic African sunsets that grace us every evening.
During the day there are a multitude of activities on offer. A custom built photo boat with fully rotating chairs and fitted with state of the art camera mounts, is available all day and is moored alongside should any photographic opportunity present itself as we cruise along the river.
Departure times vary depending on the time of year. This is to allow for optimum lighting conditions. The morning cruise is usually an early one – at around 6am. The afternoon safari departs at about 3pm and returns at sunset. Again, this is subject to change depending on the time of year but these can be used as a rough guideline. Chobe lies in a malaria belt and it is recommended to take prophylactics while staying in the area, particularly in the late rainy season – roughly from January to April. Even if taking prophylactics, it’s still advisable to always use repellent and to wear long sleeves and trousers after dark. It is the guest’s responsibility to take the necessary medical advice and precautions.
Please note that due to each departure being limited to a maximum of 8 people, a deposit of 50% is required upon enrolment to secure your booking and full payment is needed 2 months prior to departure. If a booking is made within 2 months of departure, then full payment is required.
As space on the workshop is secured upon enrolment and full payment, the following cancellation policy applies:
- Cancellations can only be done one full calendar month before the workshop departure date
- There is no refund for cancellations within 30 days or less of departure
- Only written cancellations will be accepted
- 25% cancellation fee incurred if the booking is cancelled after written confirmation
- 50% cancellation fee incurred if booking is cancelled 31 – 45 days prior to arrival
- 100% cancellation fee incurred if booking is cancelled 30 days or less prior to departure date
- CODP reserves its right to cancel or postpone the departure date if insufficient enrolments are received
26 April 2018 Departure (3 places left)
We have a gentleman looking for someone to share with on this departure. If you’re interested,please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-meeting at CODP Saxonwold
- Tue 17 April 2018 18h00-20h00
Pangolin Voyager Houseboat
- Thu 26 – Mon 30 April 2018
- 4 nights/5 days on board the Pangolin Voyager Houseboat
R24,500 per person sharing
R49,000 per person single
- A pre-meeting to go through the most important aspects of wildlife photography
- 4 nights/5 days on the Pangolin Voyager Houseboat on a full board basis
- All drinks including wine, local beers, soft drinks and spirits
- Morning and afternoon photographic excursions on the photo boat fitted with Gimpro Gimbals
- Flood plain walks and tiger fishing
- Expert guidance by a CODP lecturer
- Feedback and advice on your images
- Conservancy fees
- Tourism Levies
- Transfers to and from Kasane Airport or immigration
- A wrap-up session after the trip to give feedback on your images
- Getting to and from Kasane
- Gratuities, laundry & items of a personal nature
FLIGHT & TRAVEL RECOMMENDATIONS
SA Airlink does a daily return flight from OR Tambo International to Kasane Airport for around R6,500.00. The following flight times are recommended:
- Depart JNB 11h45 – Arrive BBK 13h25
- Depart BBK 13h55 – Arrive JNB 15h45
PLEASE NOTE! You require a passport to enter Botswana that is valid for at least 6 months after your departure date from Botswana, and it is a requirement to have 2 blank pages available in your passport. No temporary passports are accepted and no visa is required.
- Camera: A digital SLR camera with removable lenses. A fixed-lens camera will work but will limit what you can do to a certain degree
- Zoom lenses: At least two zoom lenses are recommended, one of which is wide angle for landscapes and the other medium-to-long telephoto, which should preferably have some form of image stabilisation. At least 300mm or preferably 400mm is recommended. Nikon does a really useful 80-400mm lens and Canon a 100-400mm.
- Computer: A laptop with editing software loaded onto it. It is recommended that you have some form of back-up, such as an external hard drive.
- Cables and extras: Camera charger, extra memory cards and the camera manual. A memory card reader or computer cables to connect your camera to your laptop.
- Don’t forget: A hat to protect your face from the hot African sun, a warm jacket and sunscreen. Please also bring insect repellent.
For more information or to book please contact email@example.com or 086 11 74686.
Upcoming CoursesView Brochure
|Thu, 26 Apr 2018 "Sharing"||5:00 - 23:00||R24,500||Book|
|Thu, 26 Apr 2018 "Single"||5:00 - 23:00||R49,000||Book|
* This is a school holiday course which will run over consecutive days