This videography course is targeted at those of you with a DSLR camera. You will learn to use your DSLR as a video camera, with practical exercises & examples that create better visuals, audio & engaging stories. This course is offered in Johannesburg at Saxonwold and Fourways.
Full Information [+]
Only R2,780Book Now Buy Voucher
DSLR VIDEOGRAPHY – R2,780.00
SCROLL DOWN FOR COURSE DATES & TO BOOK
This videography course is targeted at those of you with a DSLR camera. You will learn to use your DSLR as a video camera, with practical exercises & examples that create better visuals, audio & engaging stories. In order to get the full value from this course you need to have completed the Fundamentals of Photography course and be comfortable with using your camera in full manual mode.
To do the course you need a DSLR camera with video functionality, but higher-end video cameras can also be used. This videography course is hands-on and practical to help you come to grips with the concepts taught in class. It is presented on one evening or morning a week over three consecutive weeks.
LESSON 1 (3 HOURS)
- Understanding DSLR movie settings
- How the camera creates video
- File formats and codecs
- Shutter speeds and frame rates
- Resolution, lines and pixels
LESSON 2 (3 HOURS)
- Telling stories with motion
- Creating storyboards
- Maintaining continuity
- Screen direction and shooting to edit
- Camera moves and techniques
LESSON 3 (3 HOURS)
- Lighting, colour and filtration for video
- Camera supports
- Audio equipment
- Getting the most out of your camera’s audio
- External mics and recording devices
- Best practices for recording audio
WHAT DO YOU GET?
A full colour printed course manual as well as a CODP DIGITAL WORKSPACE where you can access a digital version of your course manual, upload your course assignments, access your course schedule and more!
We offer value discounts if you book for more than one part time course in a single order – please note that full payment is required to take advantage of the value discount:
- 7.5% discount for 2 courses
- 10% discount for 3 courses
- 12.5% discount for 4 courses or more
If you have any queries please feel free to call the College of Digital Photography on 086 11 74686 (PHOTO) or email@example.com.
Please click on the “View Brochure” link below (to the right of the campus name) to view a detailed lesson plan for each course date listed.
Upcoming CoursesView Brochure
|Tue, 20 Aug 2019||18:00 - 21:00 (Evenings)||R2,780||Book|
|Sat, 11 May 2019||9:30 - 12:30 (Mornings)||R2,780||Book|
|Thu, 11 Jul 2019||18:00 - 21:00 (Evenings)||R2,780||Book|
* This is a school holiday course which will run over consecutive days