Kids are all about exploring, adventure and imagination! What better way to put these to good use, than learning the creative art of photography. The CODP Kids Training Camp will give your kids superpowers as well as providing an outlet for all that holiday energy. This course is offered in Johannesburg at Saxonwold.
Full Information [+]
Only R900Book Now Buy Voucher
KIDS PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP – R900.00
scroll down for course dates and to book
This workshop is aimed at kids aged 7 – 11 years, where they will learn how to use their cameras to take fun, creative images. Through a series of hands-on practical games and projects, they will learn the basic functions of a camera and how to produce images they will be proud of. It also means that YOU might feature in a few more of your holiday snaps!
The course runs over 3 days (3 hours per day) with the final day being an interactive outing to the zoo. The course fee includes the entrance fee to the Zoo, but it is recommended that you give your child a bit of tuck money for snacks and drinks, as they’ll be running around a bit. You will also be required to drop your child off at the Zoo for Lesson 3.
LESSON 1 (3 HOURS)
- Intro to photography
- How the camera has developed: a brief history of why our modern cameras are so cool!
- What are all these buttons for? – A brief overview of your camera and the basic functions
- Finding your style: Finding your love for photography
- Modes – how the different modes will help you take pictures you’ll be proud of
- Scavenger hunt – exploring angles backgrounds and points of view
LESSON 2 (3 HOURS)
- Composition and lighting
- How do I look? # selfies and taking portraits of your friends
- Ok, I know what I’d like to photograph, now how do I compose it?
- Basics of lighting and composition – what makes a good image or can I break the rules?
- Jungle walk – practical project in composition and filling the frame
- Be a photo journalist – tell a story from a series of photos
- Using apps to enhance your photos – basic overview of Adobe Express
- Putting it all together
- A Trip to the zoo taking photos in all types of lighting conditions
- Learning to shoot in sports mode for fast moving animals
- Learning to deal with cages and glass!
- Macro mode for plants and flowers
- Have fun and tell a story of your day
If you have any queries please feel free to call the College of Digital Photography on 086 11 74686 (PHOTO) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the “View Brochure” link below (to the right of the campus name) to view a detailed lesson plan for each course date listed.
Upcoming CoursesView Brochure
|Mon, 10 Dec 2018||9:30 - 12:30 (Mornings)||R900||Book|
* This is a school holiday course which will run over consecutive days