Please join our CODP lecturer for an exclusive 3 night wildlife workshop at the 5 star Jaci's Tree Lodge set in the magnificent surrounds of Madikwe Game Reserve. Places are limited to a maximum of 6 people per departure so please book early to avoid disappointment!
Full Information [+]
Only R15,480 / R20,665Book Now
|Cost:||R15,480 / R20,665|
|Duration:||1 x pre-meeting, 3 nights at Jaci's Lodge|
|Equipment Needed:||Ideally a DSLR camera with 80-400mm zoom lens|
|Experience Needed:||Fundamentals of Digital Photography|
Recent Student Work
Combines Well With
At over 75 000ha, Madikwe is one of the largest game reserves in South Africa; besides many other wildlife species, the Big 5 can also be found in the reserve. It borders Botswana and is located in North West Province, 90 kilometers north of Zeerust, about 3.5 hours’ drive from both Johannesburg and Pretoria.
Madikwe Game Reserve is malaria-free and is the only place in Africa where Springbok and Kalahari Gemsbok meet naturally. The reserve lies within a transition region between Lowveld bushveld and the Kalahari thornveld. As a result the region is host to an incredible diversity of species from both ecosystems.
Geographically the region has enormous volcanic intrusions known as Inselbergs, wide open plains and the riverine environment along the Marico River in the east of the reserve. The rich diversity of vegetation ensures a wide range of game and the topography offers ideal game viewing opportunities.
Jaci’s Tree Lodge perches on wooden stilts, offering guests an unbeatable view of the Marico River’s bushveld surrounds. The rooms are interconnected by wooden walkways and provide the luxurious accommodation fitting the breathtaking beauty of this unique conservation area. Each room has a king sized bed, a stone bath and outdoor shower. The tree houses blend into the surrounding tree canopy.
Rooms are equipped with air conditioning, fans and heaters, to ensure your comfort throughout the year. Each room also has a large balcony, an ideal spot from which to watch the birds in the surrounding tree canopy. The dining area is in the main lodge where brunch or high tea is served. Dinners are usually around a fire under the African stars – weather permitting!
To make this adventure even more exciting, after 3 months of building Jaci’s Lodge has recently launched its Terrapin Hide. This underwater hide allows photographers to capture priceless images of wildlife from the centre of the water hole, just above the water level.
Please note that due to each departure being limited to a maximum of 6 people, full payment is required upon enrolment to secure your booking.
As your room and space on the workshop is secured upon your enrolment and full payment, the following cancellation policy applies. This is in accordance to the cancellation policy of Jaci’s Lodge.
- Cancellations can only be done one full calendar month before the workshop begins
- There is no refund for cancellations within 30 days or less of departure
- Only written cancellations will be accepted
- 25% cancellation fee incurred if the booking is cancelled after written confirmation
- 50% cancellation fee incurred if booking is cancelled 31 – 45 days prior to arrival
- 100% cancellation fee incurred if booking is cancelled 30 days / less prior to arrival
COSTS for 2018 Departures
R15 480 per person sharing
R20 655 per person single
27 September 2018 Departure
Pre-meeting at CODP Fourways
- Mon 17 Sep 2018 18h00-20h00
Jaci’s Tree Lodge – Ian Cooper
- Thu 27 – Sun 30 Sep 2018
18 October 2018 Departure
Pre-meeting at CODP Saxonwold
- Thu 11 Oct 2018 18h00-20h00
Jaci’s Tree Lodge – Udo Kieslich (3 places left)
- Thu 18 – 21 Oct 2018
- A pre-meeting to go through the most important aspects of wildlife photography
- 3 nights / 4 days at Jacis Tree Lodge on a full board basis, including local drinks
- Morning and afternoon Game Drives
- Private use of a Game Viewer fitted with Gimpro Gimbals if the departure achieves the required number of 6 guests. If there are fewer than 6 guests on the departure, then exclusivity of the game viewing vehicle cannot be guaranteed.
- Expert guidance by a CODP lecturer
- Use of the Terrapin Hide
- Conservancy fees
- A wrap-up session for feedback on your images
- Transport to and from Madikwe
- Gratuities, laundry, telephone calls & items of a personal nature
Thursday – check-in 2pm | afternoon game drive | dinner
Friday – morning game drive | brunch | afternoon game drive | dinner
Saturday – morning game drive | brunch | afternoon game drive | dinner
Sunday – morning game drive | brunch | check out 11am
Click on the following link to download a PDF containing directions to Jaci’s Tree Lodge – Jacis Tree Lodge – DIRECTIONS
- Camera: A digital SLR camera with removable lenses. A fixed-lens camera will also work but may be limiting in certain situations
- Zoom lenses: At least two zoom lenses are recommended, one of which is wide angle and the other medium-to-long telephoto, which should preferably have some form of image stabilisation. At least 300mm or preferably 400mm is recommended. Nikon does a really useful 80-400mm lens and Canon a 100-400mm.
- Computer: A laptop with editing software loaded onto it. It is recommended that you have some form of back-up, such as an external hard drive.
- Cables and extras: Camera charger, extra memory cards and the camera manual. A memory card reader or computer cables to connect your camera to your laptop.
- Don’t forget: A hat to protect your face from the hot African sun, a warm jacket and sunscreen.
For more information or to book please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 11 74686.
Upcoming CoursesView Brochure
|Thu, 27 Sep 2018 "Sharing"||5:00 - 23:00||R15,480||Book|
|Thu, 27 Sep 2018 "Single"||5:00 - 23:00||R20,665||Book|
|Thu, 18 Oct 2018 "Single"||5:00 - 23:00||R20,655||Book|
|Thu, 18 Oct 2018 "Sharing"||5:00 - 23:00||R15,480||Book|
* This is a school holiday course which will run over consecutive days