With the advent of digital cameras, mastering how to manage and edit your images has become more important than ever. The goal is to become more efficient with your workflow, so you spend less time searching for photographs and editing them, and more time photographing. This course is offered in Johannesburg at Saxonwold, as well as Virtually using Zoom.
Full Information [+]
Only R1,880Book Now Buy Voucher
MASTERING ADOBE CAMERA RAW
SCROLL DOWN FOR COURSE DATES & TO BOOK
R2,980.00 | On-campus Course
R1,880.00 | Virtual Course online from the comfort of your home | More Info
With the advent of digital cameras, mastering how to manage and edit your images has become more important than ever. The goal is to become more efficient with your workflow, so you spend less time searching for photographs and editing them, and more time photographing.
Jpegs are great when you begin your journey in photography, but if you want the ultimate in image control, the RAW file format is the way to go. RAW files contain the actual data captured by the sensor without any in‑camera processing; these are the only files containing “pure” data. Think of RAW files as being photo negatives, where you can reprocess the file at any time to achieve the results you want.
Adobe Photoshop CC has arguably one of the most powerful RAW converters in the industry. Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) is designed to maximise the potential of any image file, providing you with numerous global and local creative controls. Soon you’ll become the next whiz kid at adjusting colour, brightness and contrast.
This course will take you through the entire RAW process – from shooting, to editing, to managing and backing up your images, to exporting your RAW files once you’ve created your masterpiece. You will be given an extensive digital workbook, as well as the images used on the course so you can practice at home.
To do this course you require your own laptop, pre-loaded with the latest version of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Bridge.
LESSON 1 (3 HOURS)
- Setting up the camera correctly
- Bit depth and colour spaces
- Understanding the ACR interface
- Using histograms for editing
- Adjusting White Balance and colour
- Making exposure, tonal and contrast adjustments
- Adjusting highlights and shadows
- Using clarity and texture for maximum effect
LESSON 2 (3 HOURS)
- Cropping, straightening and transforming
- Spot and healing brush tools
- Using the localised adjustment tools
- Mastering the adjustment brush
- Black & White and sepia
- Using the tone curve panel
- Mastering the sharpening panel
- Adjusting colour in the HSL panel
- Applying lens corrections
- Saving and opening RAW images
- Loading and saving settings
LESSON 3 (3 HOURS)
- How to shoot HDR images
- Creating an HDR image in ACR
- How to shoot Panoramic images
- Creating a Panoramic image in RAW
- Creating an HDR Panoramic image in ACR
- Practical time with your own images under the guidance of our lecturer
WHAT DO YOU GET?
The cost includes digital course notes, where you will receive all of the course material in digital format, accessible from any computer, laptop, phone or tablet via the CODP App. Here you can access a digital version of the course manual, upload the course assignments, access the course schedule and much more!
We offer value discounts if you book for more than one part time course in a single order – please note that full payment is required to take advantage of the value discount:
- 7.5% discount for 2 courses
- 10% discount for 3 courses
- 12.5% discount for 4 courses or more
If you have any queries please feel free to call the College of Digital Photography on 086 11 74686 (PHOTO) or email@example.com.
Please click on the “View Lesson Outline” link below (to the right of the campus name) to view a detailed lesson plan for each course date listed.
Please note that due to the uncertainty regarding the Covid-19 pandemic, certain start dates for any of the contact courses at the Saxonwold campus may be postponed or cancelled.
Upcoming CoursesView Lesson Outline
|Tue, 15 Sep 2020||9:30 - 12:30 (Mornings)||R1,880||Book|
|Tue, 17 Nov 2020||18:00 - 21:00 (Evenings)||R1,880||Book|
* This is a school holiday course which will run over consecutive days