Flash is probably the #1 thing that strikes fear into a photographer’s heart! If you are not confident about using your pop-up or hot shoe flash, then this course is for you. This course is offered in Johannesburg at Saxonwold and Fourways.
Full Information [+]
Only R2,780 / R2,980Book Now Buy Voucher
MASTERING FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY – R2,780.00
SCROLL DOWN FOR COURSE DATES & TO BOOK
You will learn how your flash works and what you can do to modify its light quality. The intricacies of TTL and manual flash exposure are also covered, as well as how to bounce your hot shoe flash with confidence. Lastly, you will learn how to overcome the limitations of the camera’s sync speed.
Once you have mastered these basics of flash, we will progress to using your speedlight off camera. You will learn to shoot photographs Strobist style, creating a unique look and feel achieved by the direction of the flash, using accessories and modifiers, and understanding how to combine flash and ambient light.
For the “Mastering Flash Photography” course you require an external flash unit, and need to have completed the Fundamentals of Photography course. This “Mastering Flash Photography” course consists of three 3 hour lessons.
LESSON 1 (3 HOURS)
- How flash differs from continuous light
- Controlling the pop-up flash
- Understanding the flash controls
- Understanding the external flash menu and functions
- Flash controls in your camera menu
- Red eye reduction
- Exposure principles for flash
- Exposing for flash
- Exposure for mixed light
- The inverse square law; using distance and aperture
LESSON 2 (3 HOURS)
- Guide Number and manual functions
- Bounce flash
- Controlling the characteristics of flash (diffusers & modifiers)
- Managing contrast using flash
- Synchronizing multiple external flashes with built in triggers
- Radio triggers for external flashes
- High speed Flash
- Controlling DOF using flash in bright light
LESSON 3 (3 HOURS)
- High speed triggers
- Strobe effects
- Rear sync flash
- Controlling movement effects using flash in low light
- Manipulating colour using WB, gels and light colour temperature
- Strobism & lighting effects
WHAT DO YOU GET?
The cost includes digital course notes, where you will receive all of the course material in digital format, accessible from any computer, laptop, phone or tablet via the CODP App. Here you can access a digital version of the course manual, upload the course assignments, access the course schedule and much more!
We offer value discounts if you book for more than one part time course in a single order – please note that full payment is required to take advantage of the value discount:
- 7.5% discount for 2 courses
- 10% discount for 3 courses
- 12.5% discount for 4 courses or more
If you have any queries please feel free to call the College of Digital Photography on 086 11 74686 (PHOTO) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the “View Brochure” link below (to the right of the campus name) to view a detailed lesson plan for each course date listed.
Upcoming CoursesView Brochure
|Thu, 21 Nov 2019||18:00 - 21:00 (Evenings)||R2,780||Book|
|Wed, 25 Mar 2020||18:00 - 21:00 (Evenings)||R2,980||Book|
|Sat, 15 Feb 2020||9:30 - 12:30 (Mornings)||R2,980||Book|
* This is a school holiday course which will run over consecutive days