If you are looking to become a wedding or event photographer, or if you’ve been asked by friends and family to photograph their event, then this course is for you. Wedding & event photography is one of the most stressful and technically difficult jobs in photography and should never be taken lightly. You will learn how to prepare for and make sure that you capture all the amazing moments. This course is offered in Johannesburg at Saxonwold and Fourways.
Full Information [+]
Only R5,380Book Now Buy Voucher
|Duration:||5 x 3-hour Lessons + 1 Practical Workshop|
|Equipment Needed:||DSLR or Mirrorless Camera + Sturdy Tripod + External Flash + Sturdy Tripod|
|Experience Needed:||Fundamentals of Photography|
Recent Student Work
Combines Well With
WEDDING & EVENT PHOTOGRAPHY – R5,380.00
SCROLL DOWN FOR COURSE DATES & TO BOOK
On this part time Wedding & Event Photography course you will learn how to plan and prepare for any event, including that special wedding day, so everything goes as expected. We will guide you through the different equipment needed, as well as what the latest trends are in wedding & event photography. You will learn all about your external flash unit, as well as how to market yourself, and present and sell your final products.
This advanced photography course is presented on one evening or morning a week over 5 consecutive weeks. A daytime practical workshop on the Sunday after Lesson 4 will help you understand how to properly use natural light and flash, as well as master the art of posing. Please note that you need to complete the Fundamentals of Photography course before enrolling for this advanced course, as you need to understand the following basic principles of photography:
- Managing Contrast
- White Balance
- Have a basic understanding of how flash works
- Be comfortable with using your camera in full manual mode as well as using a grey card
- Understand the creative effects of both the shutter and the aperture
5 LESSONS + 1 PRACTICAL WORKSHOP
LESSON 1 (3 HOURS)
- Photographing Functions & groups
- Corporate portraiture
- Wedding styles and trends
- Planning & preparation for location portrait shoots
LESSON 2 (3 HOURS)
- Equipment considerations
- Lighting techniques for window light portraits, external flash and portable studio lights
- Portrait lighting styles
LESSON 3 (3 HOURS)
- Understanding your external Flash
- Using remote triggers, diffusers & modifiers
- Synchronising multiple flash units for Strobist portraits
LESSON 4 (3 HOURS)
- Working with people
- Posing, expression, non-verbal communication, eyeline
- Timing, composition considerations for photographing people
- Objective vs subjective camera/subject interactions
- With bride & groom, Strobist/Macro/posing workshop
LESSON 5 (3 HOURS)
- Marketing your business
- Social Media & Marketing
- Website & Print marketing
- Writing a business plan
- Pricing your offerings
- Branding your business
- Albums, printing and archiving your images
WHAT DO YOU GET?
The cost includes digital course notes, where you will receive all of the course material in digital format, accessible from any computer, laptop, phone or tablet via the CODP App. Here you can access a digital version of the course manual, upload the course assignments, access the course schedule and much more!
We offer value discounts if you book for more than one part time course in a single order – please note that full payment is required to take advantage of the value discount:
- 7.5% discount for 2 courses
- 10% discount for 3 courses
- 12.5% discount for 4 courses or more
If you have any queries please feel free to call the College of Digital Photography on 086 11 74686 (PHOTO) or email@example.com.
Please click on the “View Lesson Outline” link below (to the right of the campus name) to view a detailed lesson plan for each course date listed.
Please note that due to the uncertainty regarding the Covid-19 pandemic, certain start dates for any of the contact courses may be postponed or cancelled.
Upcoming CoursesView Lesson Outline
|Thu, 04 Jun 2020||18:00 - 21:00 (Evenings)||R5,380||Book|
* This is a school holiday course which will run over consecutive days