Shutterstock adds Photoshop CC plugin
Shutterstock is bringing its collection of stock imagery and photography directly into Photoshop CC with a new plugin. It gives users the ability to search Shutterstock’s catalog and access their accounts within the app, as well as access previously purchased images. The plugin will also allow users to make adjustments to watermarked images, and will re-apply edits to the image once purchased.
Photographers won’t find a way to easily contribute images through the plugin, a feature that Adobe’s own Stock app supports for its contributors. But the Shutterstock plugin will no doubt appeal to designers who rely on the service and want to smooth out their workflow. The plugin is available now for Photoshop CC 2014 and 2015 Mac and PC users.
Shutterstock Launches Adobe Photoshop® Plugin: Simple Installation Enables Access to Largest Collection of Stock Images
Shutterstock brings nearly 100 million photos and illustrations direct to creative professionals’ workflow
NEW YORK, Sept. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), a leading global provider of commercial imagery and music, today announced that its vast collection of high-quality photos and illustrations is now accessible within Adobe Photoshop® software through its new custom built plugin. With more than 100,000 new images added every day, the Shutterstock plugin boasts the largest collection of photos and illustrations that can be licensed directly within the Creative Cloud desktop application.
This plugin is the latest technological innovation by Shutterstock that furthers its mission to empower the world’s storytellers, providing an image experience that enables creative professionals to work smarter and faster. The first-ever Shutterstock plugin for Adobe Photoshop® software is designed to simplify the creative process, saving users time searching and downloading imagery online and enhancing productivity within the design workflow.
“This is the largest stock photography collection to ever integrate with the Adobe Photoshop® application. With this plugin we are providing creative professionals the convenience to search for and test more images than ever, directly from the editing tool they are using,” said Jon Oringer, Founder and CEO of Shutterstock. “We are bringing productivity, efficiency and inspiration to designers everywhere, through tighter integration of Shutterstock with their workflow.”
Key features of the new Shutterstock plugin include:
- Access to Shutterstock’s fast and innovative search technology
- Ability to edit any watermarked image for free, with those edits automatically reapplied to the image when purchased
- Direct access to existing Shutterstock accounts, including Premier, Shutterstock’s Enterprise Platform
- Ability to view existing lightboxes and access previously previewed and purchased images
- Instant inspiration from Shutterstock’s curated collections
- Everyday design essentials such as isolated images, textures, and images with room for text
- The Shutterstock plugin works for Photoshop® CC 2014 and Photoshop® CC 2015 and it is available for Mac and PC users in English.
Learn more about this integration, as well as Shutterstock’s API here.