Sony a7 II firmware version 3.30 now available
Sony has released firmware version 3.30 for the Sony a7 II camera. The update is a very small one, improving the amount of light at the edge of images taken when using the flash.
The features and improvements added by the previous update, version 3.20, remain:
- Adds support for the Radio-controlled Lighting System
- New lenses are supported.
- Phase-detection AF is supported
- The lens name will be correctly recorded in the EXIF
- The AF can be used in movie recording mode with the SEL85F14GM
- Adds the 14-bit uncompressed RAW format option
- Adds Phase-detection AF support for A-mount Lens Adaptor LA-EA3 (LA-EA1)
- Adds a MOVIE button custom key settings that can be assigned for the movie recording function
- Improves camera function and provides picture improvement for the new lenses (SEL35F14Z, SEL24240, SEL28F20, SEL90M28G)
- Provides enhanced image stabilization system in half-pressing the shutter, in Focus Magnifier, in movie recording, and other functions
The Sony a7 II version 3.30 firmware can be downloaded now from Sony’s website.