The Golden Hour, Sunset make-up for Autumn – Cindy van Geems
For me as a make-up artist I love Autumn, mainly because there is not a single eye colour that will not benefit from a few carefully applied, rich golden earthy colours.
Your natural colouring is fiery, earthy, golden and natural. The Autumn palette is easy to remember if you think about a beautiful Autumn landscape. You can wear both muted and rich colours that lean on the warm side, similar to the autumn foliage or exotic spice colours.
Don’t be afraid to explore with a Bronzer instead of Blush during autumn, just to add some sunset sparkle and glow to your skin.
For a soft Autumn look you can create the most natural golden Canvas with the following easy steps:
- When applying your foundation add a strobe liquid lotion for the ultimate glow and healthy looking skin
- Intensify your brows with a natural light brown shadow to create balance and intensity around the eye
- Use a natural off white shimmer all over the eye lid to enhance the eye
- Apply a rich earthy shade over the eye lid and under the lower lashes to highlight the eyes all around
- Apply 2/3 layers of mascara with white eyeliner on the inside of the water line to enlarge and brighten the eyes
- Apply a golden bronzer on the cheek bones instead of blush
- Keep the lips as close as possible to their natural lip colour with only a natural peachy/beige gloss. If you have natural dark pink lips you can apply a small amount of foundation to make your lips a nude colour
- Remember, this is all about natural, golden sunset sparkle – anyone can pull it off
If you are struggling with the most natural application of make-up then why not consider joining us on our Make-up Workshop and become the artist of your own beauty canvas. It’s fun, It’s creative, its only for you!